There’s no official agenda, however I can give you the basic outline that’s expected for the short meeting.
- Elect officers and officially organize ourselves. (Until we do, we’re not the transition board.)
- Identify immediate needs and delegate members to investigate and report back at the next meeting.
- Outline and adopt some broad goals and general policies.
- Likely take steps to limit access to the grassy area below the cross due to the deteriorating condition of the structure.
- Any other issue that one of the seven board members may bring up.
Please keep in mind that the seven of us do not know each other and for the most part have never met. Our common denominator is that we’re brothers in Christ and have a desire to see the Cross forward. We just received copies of the bylaws last week and Friday will be the earliest we could all get together. We will not have a lot of answers at this meeting. Our goal is to just get the processes started.
Three of the new transition members did attend the board of directors meeting for the Friends of the Cross organization last week to introduce ourselves and learn about their organization.
Upcoming meetings will be the January 27 meeting of the Friends of the Cross organization in Alto Pass at the community center. Some of the new transition board members will likely be present and the Friends have invited a representative from the new board to make a presentation.
At Friday’s meeting the new president will also set the time and place for the foundation’s annual meeting which is set for the second Tuesday of February.
Under the settlement agreement the current 18-member board of directors agreed to resign and turn over all the corporate papers and items to the new seven-member transition board upon their organization. We expect some of the outgoing board or officers, and/or their attorneys to be present to assist us in the transition.
Further information as it becomes available will be posted at www.BaldKnobCross.com. Thank you for your support.